Hunting is the act of pursuing animals into trapping them or killing them. It requires skills, patience, and perseverance. Centuries ago, people hunted animals for food and clothing. It is because man’s first instinct is to survive. To do that, man has to be at the top of the food chain.
Nowadays, people hunt for a different reason. Gone are the days when hunting was primarily done for survival. Food and clothing are readily available. In fact, there are quite a number of places that keep animals for breeding. Also, clothes are mostly made from synthetic materials today. This is due to the fact that animals are now protected by the law especially those that are at the brink of extinction. Hence, the reason for hunting is vastly different from before.
Reasons why People Hunt
1. Being in tune with nature – When hunting, there is no specific app that helps you how to track animals or where to find a herd of deer. You have to learn to listen and hone in your senses. This exercise is actually very different from when you are in the city. You are always surrounded by something electronic. As a result, you depend so much on them. Getting away from it is refreshing and a learning experience. Hunting gets us back to nature and makes us get away from our fast-paced modern life.
2. You get to know yourself better – Hunting is all about technique and skill. It is not as simple as playing
soccer. Animals are not something that you can manipulate. They are live beings that also have the instinct to survive the same as you. So whenever you hunt, you have to be alert always. It keeps your mind thinking of strategies on how to trap your target without making it so bloody.
3. It teaches you patience and perseverance – Texas hog hunt is one the most searched phrases on the Internet. When you hunt, it requires a lot of patience and perseverance. It is not the same as your daily job wherein you leave your work without finishing it and continue it the next day. With hunting, it is a continuous process until you finally get your prey. You do not give up in the middle of it. It is your end goal. If you give up, it will only tell you of your weakness. A perfect example of this is when you are in the middle of acquiring an important sales contract with a future partner; you do not give up until you finally succeed in achieving your goal. If you give up, not only will you lose income but so is your integrity.
4. It teaches you self-control – Just like with patience and perseverance, having self-control is very important. If you snap at the middle of your hunting, you lose. It does not matter whether the weather is working out in your favor or not, you need to have self-control. Don’t get too excited whenever you see an opportunity to hit your target. Instead, approach it with calmness and with sobriety of the mind. If you are
overwhelmed with excitement, then you are likely to make a mistake. As a result, you not only lose your target but you have to start at the beginning.
5. It develops your knowledge and skill – Holding your rifle correctly and being able to shoot a hundred yards away is not enough to capture your prey. You need to understand how they interact with their environment and what senses do they use. These are the things that you need to find out from your prey. By knowing how they interact, you will start to develop knowledge and skills by acting differently. Plus, you will learn how to maneuver yourself in the woods without alarming your prey.
6. It helps the planet – The reason why the government regulates open and close season is to protect the animals. The close season often happens when animals are most vulnerable. It is usually the season for breeding. The open season will then take place once the animals are already matured. It also creates a balance among nature.
7. It is healthy – Hunting is a healthy form of exercise. It makes use of both your body and mind. These two must work together in order to capture your prey. It makes you be in tune with yourself more. And when you have caught your prey, there is a sense of satisfaction that comes from that which is a great esteem booster.
Hunting, if done correctly is a good sport. In fact, it is considered the third safest sport as compared to football, soccer, and basketball wherein injuries often occurs. By following the guidelines mandated by law, you can still enjoy the thrill it gives.